What International SEO Is And Why Is It Important?
International SEO is an approach of making a website visible globally. Here the targeted audience or the market is overseas. International SEO is also termed as multilingual SEO, because the content involves different language other than that of its nativity. Targeting global markets can help in generating more leads and pretty high traffic to the website. Perceptibly competing with global markets is not a simple job, a proactive & well dedicated professionals are essential. And, moreover an effective and unique strategies are required for every targeted region.
How to begin with International or Multilingual SEO?
The first step of International or Multilingual SEO is to identify the targeted customers. Once the target customers are known, the next step is to identify where those customers are present. Let us take an example, assume that you are owning a small winemaking industry and want to promote your wine in order to achieve more sales. You want to display your ad, then which will be the first place you’ll opt for. Definitely the bar or a pub will be your first place, because this is the place where wine is sold and the drunkards visit to purchase their stuff. If the ad is displayed here, then more impressions you’d get for your product, and ultimately more sales.
This is what you have to do with your business, first find what type of consumers you have to attract and where do you get them. If your target audiences are on social media platforms, then start campaigning on social networking sites. Once their presence is known, then the next step is to identify what type of words they use to search your product. In fact this is what keyword is, in the jargon of SEO, keywords are those search terms that people enter into search box of a search engine. Finding an appropriate keyword is highly essential. Keyword research is a very crucial process in SEO. In order to find the right keywords, a deep research has be done. And, importantly for every region you target the keywords are different.
Only one keyword doesn’t hold good for all the regions your target. For instance, you have your business both in US & UK. The keyword list should be separate for both the countries. You should never assume that the keyword list you have created for US will hold good for UK as well. In other words, the search term used in US will not be the same in UK for the same product. The accent as well as the queries are quite different in both these countries. For example, the person in US enters “candy store” to find a confectioner's shop, whereas in UK “sweet shop” is the term entered in search box of Google. Similarly, if your target is Europe then for each country a separate keyword list should be prepared.
After having done with this, purchase a domain with country specific i.e. ccTLDs. For example, if your target is to reach customers in Germany, then purchase a domain with an extension .de (www.yourdomianname.de).
Once done with the keyword research and purchasing a domain, you should now begin with writing content on that particular keyword. The main problem lies here i.e. in writing content, particularly if you are unaware of that language. Translation tools may help you in creating content, you can write the content in your native language and then the written content can be converted to desired language. But the downside of this technique is, the content won’t meet the visitor’s expectation. Enormous number of errors will be there, in the content created by the tools. In order to the rectify errors, proof read your content.
Hire a person who knows the language and who can help you in proof reading the content. If hiring a proof reader is inflexible and it is unaffordable, then just stuff your keywords in various places of the webpage. Keyword stuffing is obviously spamdexing, but one good thing about international or multilingual SEO is, you’ll confront less competition. Slight tweaking with the on-page factors will amplify the rankings to a greater extent, which in turn helps generating more revenues./p>
Following are the places where you can stuff Keyword phrases on a Webpage:
Read on to learn the top 10 link building strategies for 2016 – how to get links without negatively impacting your search engine rankings and what link building techniques are here to stay. If you’re a beginner and looking to build a website or a blog in this year, here’s just what you need to take care of.
Note: Get ready with your targeted keyword, and when you are done with this. Generate all the possible variants of your targeted. And then use all those variants at all these places. Try to obtain at least 6 to 7 variants of your targeted keyword phrase.
1. Page Name (URL)
3. Meta Description
4. Meta Keywords
5. Header Tags
7. Anchor Text
8. Image ALT Tags
1. Page Name: Since page name will become its URL, this has to be optimized. Stuff your targeted keyword here. It has large impact on rankings.
2. Title Tag: Now, take any one of the keyword phrases that was obtained and stuff the same in the title tag. Once it is done, add modifiers next to the keyword phrase in title tag. “Modifiers are those words that people add on to a base keyword when trying to find more relevant search results in a search engine.” For example, adding how to, ways to, tricks to, etc. before their search terms are called as modifiers.
3. Meta description: Since Meta description also plays considerable role, try to manipulate this section. Meta description involves small amount of content, optimization of this part should be done on trial and error basis. And, even here employ one of the keyword phrases.
4. Header Tags: Header tags are quite important, stuffing a keyword phrase here would yield good results. Take out a keyword phrase variant and apply the same at this tag. Make sure that the keyword phrase used here is not same as used in title tag.
5. Anchor Text: Make use of any one of the keyword phrase variants here. It has also been studied that anchor text, whether from external, or internal pages, is important. It should therefore be ensured that significant attention is given to the inclusion of important keyword phrase in anchor text.
6. ALT Tags: If you have images in your webpage, then never forget to make use of keyword phrase in alt tags. In case you have too many images on your webpage and you are finding difficulties obtain the variants, then don’t panic. Make use of all those same keyword phrases that you have stuffed in various sections such as title tag, URL, Header tags, etc.
These are some basic tricks for doing international SEO.